Introducing the NEW
Stiletto ACE® Amplifier
from Mesa Engineering
Prepare to be SHOCKED! We were. Still are. Because sometimes, things come together in a way that exceeds all hopes and plans. That’s certainly the case with Mesa's newest Stiletto®… it rocks so hard it’s guaranteed to ACE your expectations as well.
Only once before has so much performance been this portable… and that was 35 years ago with the introduction of the first Boogie® Combo. What that amp did for the American Rock scene, the ACE promises to do for the British legacy. Make it versatile. Keep it powerful. Let it be portable.
Players have come to expect a great clean sound in every MESA amp, and theStiletto ACE® delivers in spades. Cleans like you’ve never heard before from an EL34 amp. Chiming transparent clarity riding atop warm breathing lows, and all this 3-D magic is delivered with stunning dynamic attack.
Because classic English Rock sounds are neither totally clean nor inherently high gain, they've fitted duplicate CRUNCH modes in both Channels 1 and 2. For the player who has no use for pristine clean, this mid gain mode roams the wooly landscape from nearly clean to a punchy snarling break-up.
Just before these classic sounds end, Channel 2 begins its journey into high gain realms no British amp ever dared. TITE GAIN blisters with searing heat while maintaining articulate focus. FLUID DRIVE bumps the gain and liquefies the attack to inspire your single note soloing to a new level of freedom.
Combining this new, more aggressive preamp with the brighter, faster feel of the Ace’s fifty watt power, creates a Stiletto that cuts with more depth and finesse than any of its English counterparts. Even veteran tone snobs need to check this amp.
We’ve also included our patented Switchable Rectifier® feature that allows you to tune the power supply for the feeling that best suits your style - Tube for a vintage-inspired sag or Silicon Diodes for tight tracking punch and authority.
So stack the deck with the ultimate Brit-inspired Tone, hand-made right here in Petaluma, California. Deal yourself in…’cause the Ace lays down a handful of fresh tricks no amp from the Kingdom ever dared to play.
Stiletto ACE® Amplifier
- Handbuilt in Petaluma, California
- 50 Watts, Class A/B Power / 2xEL-34, 5x12AX7, 1x5U4
- Fixed Bias for Consistent, Maintenance Free Performance
- 2 Fully Independent Channels with 6 Modes (Channel 1 = Fat Clean, Tite Clean or Crunch (Cloning Channel 2), Channel 2 = Crunch, Tite Gain or Fluid Drive)
- Channel Assignable Dual Rectification with Recto Tracking™ (Diode or Tube Tracking – Patents 5,168,438 & 7,193,458)
- Independent Gain, Treble, Mid, Bass, Presence & Master Controls per Channe
- Bold/Spongy "Variac" Switch (Patent 5,091,700)
- Output Level Control (over all channels when activated)
- Solo Level Control – Patent 6,724,897 (over all channels when activated)
- Fully Buffered FX Loop with Send Level Control (over all channels when activated)
- True "Hard" Bypass
- Switch that removes FX Loop, Output Level & Solo Level Controls from signal path
- Slave Out with Level Control
- Fan Cooled
- External Switching Jacks for Channels 1, 2 & Solo
- Aluminum Chassis
- 2 Button Footswitch (Channel 1/2 & Solo)
- Head (Width 26-3/4in)
- Slip Cover